Welcome Waukesha County Technical College Graduates!
Waukesha County Technical College graduates who have an Associate in Applied Science degree in Culinary Arts, or related degree, and who wish to continue their post-secondary education with New England Culinary Institute, our two schools are working together to make your educational transition simple. The following are some of the benefits WCTC graduates can expect if they would like to pursue a residency or online Bachelor of Arts degree in Culinary Arts, Baking and Pastry Arts, or Food and Beverage Business Management.
As a part of the relationship between WCTC and NECI, qualified graduates will be granted admission into the third year of NECI’s on-campus and online BA of Culinary Arts, Baking and Pastry Arts, or Food and Beverage Business Management programs. Students will be awarded 60 semester credits and enter directly in to the third year of NECI’s BA program, as long as they have met the following requirements.
- Graduate from Waukesha County Technical College with an Associate's Degree within the last five years.
- Earn a minimum 2.0 GPA (70% C or higher) on their overall transcript;
- Students applying to NECI’s upper division, fully-online BA programs are expected to demonstrate appropriate industry experience. A current resume must be submitted with the application.
- Students applying to NECI’s upper division, fully online BA programs must have access to adequate technology resources. Please refer to the Online Requirements Page.
Provided that the WCTC graduate meets these criteria, NECI will:
- Grant credit transfer (60 semester credits) for the (AOS) earned at Waukesha Country and award advanced standing into the third year of NECI’s BA programs.
- Waive the application fee for students.
- Evaluate student applications in a timely manner.
- Award students $1,000 scholarship each academic year if they enroll in a start term within five years of graduation from WCTC. The scholarship may be combined with other scholarships and offers of financial aid, but may not exceed the total cost of tuition.
- Renew scholarship annually for up to two consecutive years if the student remains continuously enrolled full time and demonstrates successful completion of each academic year.
- Will provide WCTC graduates with general NECI financial aid information and receive consideration for financial aid prior to enrollment to NECI. Financial aid is available to those who meet the appropriate qualifications.
If you have any questions regarding agreements, please contact the Admissions Office at [email protected] or 877.223.6324.