Welcome SUNY Sullivan Community College Graduates!
For graduates who wish to continue their postsecondary education with New England Culinary Institute, our two schools are working together to make your educational transition simple. The following are some of the benefits SUNY Sullivan graduates can expect if they would like to pursue an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Culinary Arts, Baking and Pastry Arts, or Food and Beverage Business Management. As part of the Articulation Agreement, SUNY Sullivan graduates will be granted into the third year of NECI's on-campus and online BA of Culinary Arts, Baking and Pastry Arts, or Food and Beverage Business Management programs. Students will be awarded 60 semester credits and enter directly into the third year of NECI's BA program based on the following conditions:
- Graduates from SUNY Sullivan with an AA/AOS in Culinary Arts or related field such as Baking & Pastry Arts, Food & Beverage, and Food & Beverage Business Management
- Earn a minimum 2.0 GPA on their overall transcript
- Satisfy all other NECI admissions requirements, deadlines pertaining to admissions, orientation, registrations and payment of tuition and fees.
- Students applying to NECI's upper-division, fully-online BA programs are expected to demontrate appropriate industry experience. A current resume must be submitted with the application
- Students applying to NECI's upper-division, fully-online BA programs must have access to adequate technological resources. Please refer to our NECI's Online Program Computer Requirements page for more information.
As part of this agreement, NECI agrees to:
- Waive the application fee for students.
- Evaluate student applications in a timely manner and grant acceptance to qualified students who:
- Grant credit transfer (60 semester credits) for the AA /AOS degree earned at SUNY Sullivan and award advanced standing into the third year of NECI's BA program.
- Students accepted under this agreement are eligible for a $1,000 scholarship scholarship each academic year if they enroll in a start term within five years of their graduation. The scholarship may be combined with other scholarships and offers of financial aid, but may not exceed half of the total cost of tuition.
- Renew scholarship annually for up to two consecutive years if the student remains continuously enrolled full time and demonstrates successful completion of each academic year.
- Ensure that SUNY Sullivan students will be provided with NECI financial aid information and receive consideration for financial aid prior to enrollment to NECI.
If you have any questions regarding agreements, please contact the Admissions Office at [email protected] or 877.223.6324.