Welcome North Shore Graduates!
For graduates who wish to continue their postsecondary education with New England Culinary Institute, our two schools are working together to make your educational transition simple. The following are some of the benefits North Shore Community College graduates can expect if they would like to pursue an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Culinary Arts, Baking and Pastry Arts, or Food and Beverage Business Management. As part of the Articulation Agreement, North Shore Community College graduates will be granted into the third year of NECI's on-campus and online BA of Culinary Arts, Baking and Pastry Arts, or Food and Beverage Business Management programs. Students will be awarded 60 semester credits and enter directly into the third year of NECI's BA program based on the following conditions:
- Graduate from North Shore Community College with an AAS in Culinary Arts or related field;
- Receive a program lead instructor's written recommendation for outstanding performance. Instructor recommendations will be reviewed by NECI Admissions for additional scholarship opportunities.
- Earn a minimum 3.0 GPA in their technical program of studies
- Earn a minimum 2.0 GPA on their overall transcript
- Satisfy all other NECI admissions requirements, deadlines pertaining to admissions, orientation, registration, and payment of tuition and fees.
As part of this agreement, NECI agrees to:
- Waive the application fee for students.
- Evaluate student applications in a timely manner and grant acceptance to qualified students who:
- Grant credit transfer (60 semester credits) for the AA degree earned at North Shore Community College and award advanced standing into the third year of NECI's BA program.
- Students accepted under this agreement are eligible for a $1,000 scholarship scholarship each academic year if they enroll in a start term within five years their graduation. The scholarship may be combined with other scholarships and offers of financial aid, but may not exceed half of the total cost of tuition.
- Renew scholarship annually for up to two consecutive years if the student remains continuously enrolled full time and demonstrates successful completion of each academic year.
- Ensure that North Shore Community College students will be provided with NECI financial aid information and receive consideration for financial aid prior to enrollment to NECI.
- Invite North Shore Community College students to information and advising meetings with a NECI admissions advisor on a regular basis at all North Shore Community College campuses in order to facilitate a smooth transition to NECI.
If you have any questions regarding agreements, please contact the Admissions Office at [email protected] or 877.223.6324.