Information for Canadian Students

Canadian nationals do not need to apply for a visa appointment. It is very easy to proceed with just an I-20, as your form I-94 can be issued at any border crossing. Canadian nationals are required to enter into U.S. with a Form I-20 to obtain a legal student status. This means that Canadian students do not need to visit the U.S. Consulate.

Students must submit the relevant financial information to the school and also travel with another copy of the information that they can show to an Immigration Officer at an air, sea, or land port of entry. The Immigration Officer will stamp the Form I-20 and write F-1 inside of the student’s valid passport.

For more information on this subject, please contact:

Office of International Admissions
Adonica Williams, International Student Advisor
7 School Street
Montpelier, VT 05602
[email protected]
Telephone: 802.225.3210 or 877.223.NECI (6324)