Grievance Procedure

The educational mission of NECI includes fostering an open learning and work environment. Occasionally, students have a concern that needs to be addressed. Students are encouraged to discuss their concerns directly with the individuals involved or with faculty, the Student Services Department, or any staff member, following the progressive Grievance procedures outlined in the Student Handbook or Online Student Handbook. NECI’s faculty and staff are required to maintain confidentiality and must hold student identity in strict confidence, unless the health or safety of any individual in the NECI community is at risk.

Should a student feel their grievance has not been adequately addressed by the college’s Grievance Procedure, students may also take their concerns to the college’s accrediting agency. Online students may also register complaints with the appropriate agency in the state in which they reside as outlined below.

Complaint Procedure

Schools accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology must have a procedure and operational plan for handling student complaints. If a student does not feel the school has adequately addressed a complaint or concern, the student may consider contacting the Accrediting Commission. All complaints considered by the Commission must be in written form, with permission from the complainant(s) for the Commission to forward a copy of the complaint to the school for a response. The complainant(s) will be kept informed of the status of the complaint as well as the final resolution by the Commission.

A copy of the Commission’s complaint form is available at the school and may be obtained by contacting the Department of Student Services or online at

All inquiries in these cases should be directed to:

Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges
2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 302
Arlington, VA 22201
Telephone: 703.247.4212

Students enrolled in NECI’s fully online bachelor’s programs are also encouraged to to resolve any concerns with NECI directly using the process above. If our response appears unsatisfactory, you may file a complaint with the Accrediting Commission noted above or by contacting the higher education regulatory agency in the state where you live. To determine the appropriate agency, please contact us or visit