Welcome Bucks County Community College Graduates!
For graduates who wish to continue their postsecondary education with New England Culinary Institute, our two schools are working together to make your educational transition simple. The following are some of the benefits Bucks County Community College graduates can expect if they would like to pursue an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Culinary Arts, Baking and Pastry Arts, or Food and Beverage Business Management. This agreement is available to graduates of Bucks County Community College who enroll at NECI within one year of graduation.
As a part of the Articulation Agreement, Bucks County Community College qualified graduates will be granted admission into the third year of NECI's on-campus and/or online Bachelor's Degree (BA) of Culinary Arts, Baking and Pastry Arts, or Food and Beverage Business Management programs. Students will be awarded 60 semester credits and enter directly into the third year of NECI's BA program, based on the following conditions, (students who meet these conditions will be deemed as qualified) that they:
- Graduate from Bucks County Community College with an Associate degree in Culinary Arts or related field such as Baking & Pastry Arts, Food & Beverage, or Food & Beverage Business Management.
- Earn a minimum 2.0 GPA (70% C or higher) on their overall transcript;
- Satisfy all other NECI admissions requirements, deadlines pertaining to admissions, orientation, registrations and payment of tuition and fees.
- Students applying to NECI's upper division, fully online BA programs are expected to demonstrate appropriate industry experience. A current resume must be submitted with the application.
- Students applying to NECI's upper division, fully online BA programs must have access to adequate technology resources. Please refer to Online Computer Requirements
To facilitate the continuation of qualified Bucks County Community College students to NECI, in accordance with the foregoing assurances, the parties agree to the following:
Obligations of New England Culinary Institute for Students Applying for a BA Degree:
As part of the Articulation Agreement NECI agrees to:
- Grant credit transfer (60 semester credits) for the Associate degree earned at Bucks County Community College and award advanced standing into the third year of NECI's BA;
- Waive the application fee for students.
- Evaluate student applications in a timely manner.
- Award students $1,000 scholarship each academic year if they enroll in a start term within five years of graduation (LOA). The scholarship may be combined with other scholarships and offers of financial aid, but may not exceed the total cost of tuition.
- Renew scholarship annually for up to two consecutive years if the stude nt remains continuously enrolled full time and demonstrates successful completion of each academic year.
- Ensure that Bucks County Community College students will be provided with NECI financial aid information and receive consideration for financial aid prior to enrollment to NECI. Financial aid is available to those who meet the appropriate qualifications.
If you have any questions regarding agreements, please contact the Admissions Office at [email protected] or 877.223.6324.
* New England Culinary Institute accepts transfer credit from postsecondary institutions that are accredited through agencies recognized by the US Department of Education. NECI's full transfer of credit policy can be viewed HERE.