Online Education at NECI
NECI offers several exciting options including Degree Programs, Professional Development and Continuing Education:
Our Online Culinary Degree Programs:
Our Online Bachelor of Arts in Food and Beverage Business Management is designed to complement previous college education and industry experience. As one of the most convenient online culinary schools, we empower working industry professionals to pursue their degree while maintaining their home and career.
NECI is excited by the success of our Online Bachelor of Arts in Culinary Arts as well! As one of the most effective online culinary programs, this requires that the participant has previous college education and some level of industry experience. Ideally, the candidate would be in an environment conducive to the pursuit of culinary study and be able to apply the skills we are teaching in a live food service environment.
Our Continuing Education and Professional Development courses:
Our Continuing Education and Professional Development courses are perfect for the professional who wants to further his or her education, but prefers not to jump into the full-on program. These courses are the same intensity, the same quality and the same premise as our program courses, but you can choose to take one at a time. You may even be able to apply the work that you do toward a degree program down the road!
A Taste of HOW We Teach - Maybe it's been a while since you were in the business or you are not sure if you are ready to tackle online learning. Perhaps you are a bit hesitant to come back to school or aren't sure how this "online" business might work. Another option, then, would be our "Introduction to Food & Beverage Management Course". This low-cost, no obligation course allows the participant to interact with an instructor and investigate how online learning can apply in a traditionally hands-on setting. With four start dates and no residency requirement, this is a simple way to test the waters before jumping in!
Our Dual Enrollment course, in its 9th year, has given hundreds of high school students the jump start that they need to succeed in culinary school and in the industry. This 10 week course blends classroom, lab and online instruction. The course includes units in Culinary, Baking and Management comprised of theoretical online components and practical hands on application in the form of an (optional) intensive residential component on the NECI campus in Montpelier.
If these options are not for you, you can learn more about our traditional resident programs at the heart of NECI. Our 'learn by doing' it education focuses on a reality-based, apprenticeship-oriented curriculum model that promotes intense hands-on learning and training in real restaurants serving real customers. This on-campus education is complemented by an internship in your chosen sector of the industry.
With all of the learning opportunities out there, what makes NECI different?
- A passionate faculty - our instructors have years of industry experience and a fundamental desire to teach. Those two elements combined make them the number one reason that our students love NECI!
- Small student:teacher ratio. Online or on the ground, this allows NECI instructors to really get to know their students - their goals, aspirations, strengths and weaknesses. This relationship can last a lifetime!
- Real Skills - since our inception, we have prided ourselves on teaching students the REAL skills that they need in today's industry.
- Sustainability, a buzz word in today's world, has been at our core since we opened the doors 33 years ago.
- Relationships, relationships, relationships...
- Integrity - to our mission, to our students, to ourselves.
- Culinary degree online programs. Our online culinary school fully prepares our students for long-term professional success.
There is information here about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who have completed this program, and other important information about this program.