NECI on Main
Imagine the entire state of Vermont as a food experiment or as its own laboratory where food products are grown and created for this particular climate; seasonally, organically, and sustainably. Now imagine restaurants as teaching laboratories this restaurant for instance.
NECI on Main is a production lab for New England Culinary Institute. For 30 years we have been teaching students to make connections with farmers, between the landscape and our food, and between seasons and culinary traditions. Sometimes we include food items that express a particular sense of place from outside of Vermont, or culinary traditions from other cultures, and use those items or experiences to enhance the foods grown here in Vermont.
Our menu is no exception in this teaching philosophy, and reflects the best that Vermont’s farmers, and America’s next generation of young chefs offer.
New England Culinary Institute Named In “Best Brunch Top 10” By OpenTable Diners’ Choice - Read More...
NECI on Main Restaurant Awarded Vermont Green Certification. Read More...
NECI on Main Restaurant Wins Certificate of Excellence. Read More...
When We're Open
- Brunch Buffet 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Tuesday through Saturday
- Lunch 11:30 am to 2:00 pm
- Lite Fare 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Dinner 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Mediterranean Lounge Menu 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- NECI on Main
- 118 Main Street
- Montpelier, VT 05602
Directions to NECI on Main
- Take I-89 to Exit 8 (US 2, Montpelier).
- At the second traffic light, turn left onto Bailey Avenue.
- Turn right onto State Street.
- Follow to the first traffic light at Main Street.
- Turn left onto Main Street.
The NECI on Main and Chef’s Table are located at 118 Main Street, on the left near the corner of School Street.