Yes Sir! Yes Chef!
Your training will not be wasted at NECI. The importance of attitude, discipline and structure we teach at NECI is very similar to the importance of these skills in the military. Our expectations are demanding but clear. We teach Escoffier’s kitchen brigade hierarchy, inspired by the French military. This is the system that keeps the best kitchens running smoothly in restaurants and hotels around the world.
At NECI, we make it easy for you to use your earned benefits.
- Those who have served for a minimum of 36 months are eligible under the Post-9/11 GI Bill to receive 100%-level benefits for a total of 36 months, provided they were honorably discharged. For 100% benefits-eligible students, the Veterans’ Administration (VA) pays all tuition, most fees, a living allowance and textbook stipend.
- NECI is part of the Yellow Ribbon Program for veterans who receive 100% benefits under Chapter 33.
- Those who served at least 90 days, but less than 36 months, and were honorably discharged are eligible to receive a percentage between 40 and 90% of the maximum benefit payable under Chapter 33, up to a yearly cap.
- After you apply to the Veterans Administration for education benefits, you will be sent a Certificate of Eligibility which details the benefits you’re entitled to.
- Student health insurance offered through NECI is included in VA-covered fees.
- Internships are a required part of the NECI education. NECI students in our Bachelor of Arts Degree programs will do three internships and NECI students pursuing our Associate Degrees will do two internships. Students registered for internship continue to receive tuition and fee benefits and living allowances from the VA.
Remember: Your Chapter 33 earned benefits are transferable to spouses and children!
- To make your transition easier, our Admissions representatives are trained to work with our in-house VA certifying officer to answer you questions and assist you in obtaining the benefits you’re entitled to.
- There is a Veteran Representative in student government at NECI.
- The NECI Sponsor Program matches you with a currently enrolled veteran at NECI who can answer questions and steer you in the right direction.
To speak with an Admissions representative about these and other requirements, please call 877.223.6324 or email Admissions@neci.edu.