The admissions process at NECI is the beginning of a student's journey toward his or her education and career goals. Our Admissions team will work individually with incoming students to ensure that they understand all aspects of the NECI educational experience.
We highly recommend that, as part of the admissions process, prospective students and their supporting family and friends schedule a tour of the campus. While on tour, you will have an opportunity to learn about NECI’s unique attributes. You will have a chance to see our facilities first-hand; discuss the application process with our admissions team; find out more about financial aid and scholarships and, most importantly, ask current students and chef instructors the questions that are important to you.
NECI has a selective admissions process that evaluates each candidate individually. Applicants are admitted to New England Culinary Institute when they demonstrate to the Admissions Committee an attitude and aptitude for success. Our admissions requirements include:
- Completed application.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Official transcripts are required from your High School and any college or vocational school you have attended.
- Official GED Transcript.
Use this form to request official transcripts/GED.
- It is strongly recommended that applicants submit a written personal statement. Your personal statement should address your reasons for applying to NECI, what special qualities you bring to the program, and how you hope to contribute to the future of the food and beverage industry. Please include any information that will assist us in getting to know you as a future NECI student.
- A tour of the NECI?campus and facilities.
- Letter(s) of recommendation from a counselor, instructor or employer.
- SAT or ACT scores, if available.
Please mail your paper application and transcripts to:
New England Culinary Institute
56 College Street
Montpelier, VT 05602
The application review process can take approximately 4 to 6 weeks to complete. All applications are reviewed and rated by NECI's Application Review Committee.
When reviewing applications, NECI considers the following categories:
- Industry understanding and experience (e.g., work experience, vocational classes). Please include a resume where possible.
- Academics (e.g., GPA, and grade report details)
- Essay inclusive of grammar, spelling, content, length, and creativity
- Interest, motivation, and passion for the industry
- Extracurricular activities (e.g., team sports, clubs, organizations, community and volunteer activities)
- Vocational activities (e.g., ProStart, Skills USA, DECA competitions)
- Online Learning Survey
- Admissions Interview(s)
Our Admissions Office hours are: (All times Eastern)
|Monday – Friday||Saturday||Sunday|
|8:30 am – 5:00 pm||Closed||Closed|