Bachelor of Arts in Baking & Pastry Arts - Online
The New England Culinary Institute student studying Baking and Pastry Arts is as much artist as technician. Taking the next step up the ladder is as easy as building that perfect mille-feuille.
You will learn to create pastry specialties that can be appreciated by the most discriminating consumer. You will be able to add chocolate, confections and showpieces to your repertoire. You will learn about sugar craft and specialty cakes from our classically trained pastry chefs while also being trained in those elements which make a truly well-rounded chef - financial management, entrepreneurship, and advanced food and wine pairing. At New England Culinary Institute, we believe that the best chefs are well rounded and flexible, able to step into any kitchen, anytime, anywhere and not only feel at ease, but confident.
The flexibility of online learning allows students to hone their skills, challenge their beliefs and deepen their understanding. These programs are designed with the working chef in mind, complementing previous experience and education. The program will take your experiences and guide you to the next level with skills that are immediately applicable in your current position.
Defined Outcomes of the BA Baking and Pastry Degree Program:
- To provide intensive practical training and skill refinement, including advanced decorative techniques.
- To improve critical and creative thinking skills, such as problem solving, information literacy, and quantitative reasoning.
- To help students develop the attributes of a baking and pastry professional.
- To explore the theory of baking and pastry, including food science, sustainability, taste and flavor, gastronomy, and artistic presentation.
- To build a foundation in the business aspects of the culinary industry, including purchasing, safety, cost control, and financial and human resource management.
- To develop the personal and professional skills needed to succeed, including professional communications, time management, business etiquette, self-awareness, community relations, and team creation.
- To expand student awareness of history, art, science, and language.
To enroll in NECI's Bachelor's Degree in Baking and Pastry Arts you must have:
- Minimum of sixty (60) credits from an accredited institution that will be evaluated by the college.
- Relevant experience in the food service/hospitality industry.
New England Culinary Institute is required to disclose information regarding the on-time graduation rates, the placement rates, tuition and fees, occupational opportunities, and the median loan debt of students who have completed our degree and certificate programs.
Bachelor in Baking and Pastry (Online Program) (2016)